Thursday, December 3, 2009

On the Mend

My arm is feeling better!
Thanks to everyone who sent emails of support. I was not expecting so many! And also thanks to my sis in law for some over the phone medical advice! I bet she loves doing that. But I appreciate it a lot!
A little ibuprofen and rest goes a long way.

In other good news I am planning to play Beethoven 9 next week as Per's assistant or "bumper" as they call it here. So basically I am playing during all the loud tutti sections (tutti means everyone in Italian, so where the whole orchestra is playing). Very exciting! I am playing about half the piece! I am nervous! He is the Principle player so when he's not playing I have to sound like him; loud and amazing! But no pressure...Luckily I have some good reeds.I am excited though. We are performing the piece three times next week. It really is one of the most famous pieces ever so I feel so excited to have the opportunity to play it with a high caliber pro orchestra. Gotta get back in shape in the next few days so I am ready to rehearse on Monday! It will be an excellent way to finish up my first semester here.

I am really excited to go home and see everyone! I definitely have a new appreciation for home, friends and family...not to get too mooshy.

I also wanted to say I was lucky enough to celebrate Thanksgiving twice!
Some friends and I rented a car and drove it out to the Hardanger fjord to stay in a cabin for the weekend. There was so much natural beauty! Everyone definitely needs to come visit!
Here are some photos:












No comments:

Post a Comment