Thursday, December 10, 2009

Procrastination Station

Why do I always leave things to the last minute? I guess I wouldn't be a member of the Goins Family if I didn't. It's sort of our thing.
Must dos before I head out:
1. Finish up the final touches on my paper
2. Pay my rent
3. Clean out my fridge
4. PACK!
5. Play the final Beethoven 9 concert
6. Support a fellow bassoonist by attending her final masters exam
and other little odds and ends....
I leave for the states bright and early Sunday morning. My flight is at 7:25am and I arrive to the US at 5:40pm (12:40am in Norway)
I went Christmas shopping today at a store called Julehuset which means Christmas House. It is entirely devoted to Christmas and open all year long. Christmas is sort of big here. They have what's called a Julebord which is a big Christmas dinner where they eat sheep ribs, marzipan pigs and drink this really strange drink with raisins and almonds in it called Glugg. There will be no "glugging" for this American! It's a fun tradition though and everyone gets dressed up. The school had a Julebord and an all night dance party that went until 7am. I left early though because Norwegians are not as into dancing as I had hoped.They love to drink and bob their heads. It was still fun though. I might go to a dance party here at Fantoft on Friday that some students from Ghana are putting on. It sounds like it will be a good time. We'll see.

See everyone soon!

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE HOME NOW!!!!! (I think...) EXCITEMENT!!! Have a wonderful Christmas. I look forward to hearing all about it over some dark, Norwegian coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete