Sunday, April 25, 2010

Headin' South

Hello!
I just arrived to Stavanger, Norway! I was lucky to land a gig playing with the Stavanger Symphony Orchestra which is one of the major orchestras in Norway. We will be playing Schubert's "Unfinished" Symphony and Bruckner's 9th which is also unfinished. I think they have a theme for the week ;)
Quick funny story:
I heard about this gig though Corinne who has played here before (She was nice enough to recommend me) A couple days later she got an email from a friend of hers who also plays with this group regularly. He was writing to inquire about a student of Per Hannevold who is subbing with Stavanger. Apparently "he" played a good Beethoven 9 with the Bergen Philharmonic and comes highly recommended. "Who is this guy?" hehehehe
Hopefully I don't disappoint with my playing or my gender...

I am excited to be here! The weather is nicer here, I get to stay in a really nice hotel for free and see the city in my off time which is plentiful. Not bad...


Here is a bit of the Bruckner 9 Symphony. Not a very commonly performed piece but it has some nice moments...



No comments:

Post a Comment