Saturday, August 22, 2009

Comforts of Home

I went out with some friends last night after the concert. They are really great people and I hope that we can get to know each other better. It's nice to know already that it won't be too lonely here. Corinne is the best and I love that she is here so we can talk about the weird idiosynchrosies of Norway, such as how they don't have good pizza and you never know which way the door opens. She is also a really great player and will be a good mentor to me while I am here. my intuition is saying yes!

Seeing her made me miss home a little. last night had some raw moments and I am feeling down today. The rain doesn't help either. Right now I wish I could curl up in a ball and watch a good movie in bed. Alas no TV or movies to be watched.

This will have to do for now...

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-19-2009/barney-frank-s-town-hall-snaps

2 comments:

  1. Aw...Rachael! Thanks for updating. I love that you're singing in a choir and have met a bassoonist friend. Miss you, and happy to be following your Norway travels.

    ReplyDelete