Friday, August 21, 2009

Recent Events:

I finally got my student ID card! YAY! Doesn´t sound like a big deal but it means real independence! I can access the buildings on campus on my own after hours, check out library books, and make copies. I am also eligible for highly sought after student discounts ;) WOO HOO!

All this week I have been singing alto in a choir. I haven´t been in a choir since 6th grade so I am out of practice to say the least. It´s actually sort of fun. We are singing songs about the first spring by Mendolssohn. The rehearsals are all in Norwegian though so I have to figure things out by body language for the most part. Although the director speaks so softly that the Norwegians can´t understand him either. Tonight is the concert. There will be other groups playing as well. The concert is going to be about 2 hours long so I better mentally prepare myself to sit and be patient. Afterwards I will be going out with some new friends. A trumpet player and another American bassoonist who came here two or threee years ago to study with Per and now is playing in the Bergen Philharmonic! She also studied with Mr. Miller so it´s sort of like I am follwing in her footsteps. We´ve heard so much about one another that it is about time that we finally meet!

It´s another beautiful day today! I better get out and enjoy it before it´s nearly 24 hour darkness and constant rain. Apparently a few years ago Bergen had rain for 87 days straight!! Almost the world record. I can´t imagine. But I guess I´ll have a pretty clear picture soon enough.

post cards will be coming soon to those of you who have given me your address...
if you want one you better speak up soon and move fast!!

Love to you all! I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment